New york – The City of world – the city of peace, place for you, place for your business
Furniture3000.com – Best discount prices
Large collection modern furniture.
Delivery World Wide. High quality. Original Design. Discount price .
Advance Laser Hair Removal Manhattan New York, NY . Brooklyn Hair Extension
- General tourist resources on the City Life page
- If you are seeking employment , please visit the NYC Job Opportunities page
- If you are interested in an internship, you may contact the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
- If you would like to apply to become a Police Officer, you may access the Police Department’s application online.
- For information about employment opportunities at the Fire Department , you may visit their web page
- Free Classified Ads - www.modernfurniture.bignewyork.net
- Russian pages - promotion for NYC russian community !!!!
- Intresting Facts from www.NYC.cov:
- With a 2008 estimated population of 8,363,710, New York is the most populous city in the United States, more than twice the size of the second largest city, Los Angeles.
- About 1 in every 36 people living in the United States resides in New York City.
- New York has the highest population density of any major city in the United States, with over 27,000 people per square mile.
- Over 3 million of New York City’s residents are foreign-born; nearly one-quarter arrived in 2000 or later.
- Nearly 2 million New Yorkers are under the age of 18.
- New York City has more people than 39 of the 50 U.S. states.
- New York City comprises over two-fifths of New York State’s entire population.
- New York City has grown by nearly 1 million people since 1990.
- The 2000 median age in New York City was 34.2 years, about a year lower than the national average.
- Nearly one-third of the population 25 and over in New York City has a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 28% nationally.
- There are approximately 375,000 more women than men in New York.
- There is a birth in New York City every 4.4 minutes.
- There is a death in New York City every 8.7 minutes.
- Although New York City still receives a substantial number of in-migrants, there is a net loss of one migrant every 26.5 minutes.
- The borough of Brooklyn on its own would be the 4th largest city in the United States. Queens would also rank 4th nationally.
- Approximately two-thirds of dwellings in New York are renter-occupied, over twice the national average.
- The average commute for New Yorkers is just under 40 minutes, about 15 minutes longer than the national average.
- New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
- More persons of West Indian ancestry live in New York City than any city outside of the West Indies.
- New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
- More Dominicans live in New York than any other city in the world barring Santo Domingo.
- Over 2.27 million Hispanics reside in New York City, more than any other city in the United States. Were New York Hispanics a city unto themselves, they would rank 4th nationwide.
- The Black nonhispanic population of New York City numbered 1.95 million in 2006, more than double the count in any other U.S. city. Were this group a city in its own right it would rank 5th nationally.
- Almost half of all New Yorkers speak a language other than English at home.
- An estimated 200 languages are spoken in New York City.
New York Tree-State area
It’s nongovernmental web-page for everybody, who look for free information from New York for different parts of the world.